Scrap More- The Rainbow Series- part 1

I love rainbow layouts. There are some amazing ones out there. So fun, happy and inspiring. I'm in no way reinventing the wheel or anything, I just love to play with this concept, as it really lets me use my supplies.
So in the next few posts, I'll share my layouts. I've also been greatly inspired by 2 Peas in a Bucket's new workshop, Glitter Girl's Survival Guide. It's the sort of workshop that just gets you to scrap. Not to want to shop (because you don't have at home what is needed, or because everything is made with the newest products that you don't have), but just scrap.

I Usually choose a color theme, with two or three colors, then I can match ink or marker to it. But this way (that is, the rainbow way), I choose my product. In today's layout- Tombow markers. I have one package of these cute markers, that I got on sale for a few dollars a while back. There are all kinds of great techniques to try with these markers (just search google or youtube), but I'm a simple girl. I guess I also just wanted to see how they look, since I don't use them that often, and certainly not all together. So I took a Dyan Reaveley stencil, and just colored in the circles. After each color I went over the circles with a waterbrush, to get that lovely subtle watercolor effect.






Here's the finished layout-


Gotta love those Freckles Fawn Dew Drops:)



Thanks for visiting! More to come next post!


Comments

  1. Ooooo...I love colorful rainbow layouts and this one is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout, what a great idea to graduate the sizes of dots every so often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. Loved the matching enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE how you did this, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts